About Me

About Me

I am a poet and fiction writer from Northern Appalachia. I chew on my knees when the wall is static to find inspiration. I am dedicated to b...

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Raspberry seeds are stuck in my teeth.



                                             Infertile rotting useless things

                                                                    candied in the acidic pit of me.

                                                                                Bushes and bushes of sprouting

                                                               blossoming seeds.

                                                                             This is where time moves

                                                                                         still soft slow potent. This

                                                                                                       is where my pores defrost

                                                                                           and join the morning dew.

                                                                                            Prickles prickles grass against

                                                                                                the skin of my legs. This is the

                                                                                           swallowing of me. Baptize me in

                                                                                           the dirt where the sky feels

                                                                                         full of god and the earth feels

                                                                         full of bones. Out here, I pray

                                                                                 into empty vessels. I ask you to

                                                                            make the bed a blanket of soil.

 

Plant me with the raspberry seeds so you can eat them from the flesh of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment